Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cat House Upgrade!!!!

Remember the impromptu cat house Greg made when we first got Rajah?

Well, we started looking for an actual cat tree/house so we could train him to scratch something other than the furniture (side note: he's indoors all day and I feel bad for him, and the training is working). If you've ever looked for cat trees, you'll find they range anywhere from $100 to $250. Um, he's a cat. I'm not spending that much money on a toy he might not even like! I can barely stand to spend that much on his vaccinations. So, Greg decided to make him one. This should have been posted a while ago, considering it was done a few weeks ago, but it's been a crazy couple weeks. Greg really brought out his engineering side and came up with several different designs, and we eventually settled on one. This is it in progress:

In case you didn't see it, he has a stuffed baseball to play with which he LOVES.

And the finished product:

I think he likes it :)

The toy he's playing with is another one we bought. It's a crab (a homage to Maryland) and he loves it, too, since he can carry it in his mouth. As you can see, he's slowly tearing it apart. It has 5% catnip in it; whoever says that kittens under 6 months old don't respond to catnip needs to meet Rajah.

Greg was very motivated to do this considering he got a jigsaw and staple gun out of the deal. Not counting those purchases (since they are long-term investments), the whole thing cost us under $40. I think we're in the wrong business!

1 comment:

mom said...

I love it. . . He looks like he loves it!!! Greg is so creative. Can't wait to meet Rajah!