The week after my family reunion, I solidified my decision to go back to school. I needed to finish my bachelor degree, and I figured if I started now, then we could try for another baby in December and I would have a decent amount of time to finish before another baby was born. Sounded like a plan, right? Right. So I paid my tuition. Two days later I decided to take a pregnancy test. It was positive. So positive the control line barely showed. Huh? This wasn't supposed to be possible, yet here we were, looking at a positive pregnancy test WITHOUT IVF. So what did I do? I took two more tests, of course. When both of those were positive, I kinda freaked out. Aurora had just turned 1. I just paid tuition to go back to school. My mom was dying. After I was done freaking out for the day, I called my mom. She immediately started crying and I couldn't understand her for a minute. Two of my sisters almost started crying, too. All of our siblings were surprised (not as surprised as me and Greg!) and all of them so excited for us.
As excited as we were, I was terrified I might miscarry so we only told immediate family members and a few friends. While still in North Carolina for my mom's funeral, I took advantage of my radiologist brother-in-law and his ultrasound tech co-workers to have an ultrasound. We saw the heartbeat and I immediately relaxed and started telling people. Which was probably necessary because, for those who remember my last pregnancy, I was very sick shortly thereafter and have remained pretty sick since.
So here I am, 22 weeks pregnant with a......
BOY!

Greg and I are so excited, and I'm sure Aurora would be just as excited if she had any clue what was happening. I'm due February 25, 2012, but, honestly, I'm hoping he'll wait a few days and be born in March. Then our birth months will be March, April, May, and June. :)
2 comments:
Ahh hahaha! I was totally thinking about the March, April, May, June thing last night because I remembered you saying something about you guys planning Aurora for June because you were slightly OCD about it. I meant to say something about it when I saw you today!
I'm really excited for you guys! I'm also very glad that taking 3 tests before you believe the positive tends to be the norm. Kinda helps me feel better. LOL
Post a Comment