Kitchen area. We had a stove top, microwave, toaster oven, mini-fridge, and most of the cookware and dishes we wanted.

The bed and armoire. We also had a TV, DVD player, and an alarm clock that played ambiance noises like ocean waves, rain, wind, etc. It was annoying so we turned it off. I nearly stole the bedspread, frame, and fabric that hung over the frame. It was so pretty.
The shower was huge and the fixtures were all a lot nicer than we expected.
Saturday, we went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It was supposed to rain, and of course we didn't bring good coats or sweatshirts, so we bought sweatshirts when we got there. They only had large and extra large sizes left, so while Greg found one that fit, mine drowned me. If anyone wants a large, navy blue Six Flags sweatshirt, let me know as I will probably never wear it again. Greg and I got on one roller coaster, the new X2, before it downpoured and they shut everything down. We went to eat lunch and the rides opened back up for a while, but a few rides were closed for the whole day. At lunch, everyone was trying to get under an umbrella to eat, so we ended up sharing a table with four 20-somethings, 3 guys and a girl. They all started speaking in Spanish, not knowing Greg and I could understand, until Greg and I couldn't help laughing at something they said. The girl then asked if we understood Spanish and when we told them yes, the looks on their faces were very funny. As the day went on, we were able to get on 7 more roller coasters. Since Greg had only ever been on roller coasters at Lagoon, I was excited for him to experience a real roller coaster. He thoroughly enjoyed it. The last roller coaster we went on was called Goliath. I love roller coasters, but I get very nervous if I have to wait in line too long. Goliath didn't go upside down, so you only had a lap bar holding you in. The first drop is 225-feet at what felt like a 30-degree angle into a 120-feet long pitch-black tunnel. Terrifying, but well worth it when it's over.
The first drop of Goliath.
Sunday, we were going to go the beach but it ended up raining again and we just hung out all day and went to church. Ironically, at church we ran into a family who is in our ward (LDS congregation) in Utah. The father, Mark, also served his mission in the same area as my brother, Bryce, and used to be our home teacher, so it was really funny. He went up to the pulpit and Greg and I just stared at each other and tried not to burst out laughing. We went up to them afterward and they were just as shocked as we were. It was pretty funny. Sometimes, even with 13 million members, the LDS Church is too small. Sunday night, we went out to the beach (which was about a 3 minute walk away, and watched the sunset.
Sunset at Sunset Beach, CA
No comments:
Post a Comment