Wednesday, November 26, 2008

They came back!!!!

Just as we thought, they came back to take my blood sample last Monday. The nurse came in and immediately had me fill out the paperwork again. As she was getting her tools ready (The Needle), I warned her of the last experience. She had me lay down on the couch and raise my feet. She asked me if I would like to know when she was going to poke me. I closed my eyes and put my head in the couch and responded to just do it without telling me or it will make it worse. Well she got my vein on the first try and was able to get all the blood she needed for the tests. All I have left to show for it is a small needle mark and slight discoloration around it. Lessons learned: 1. Always lie down when your blood is being taken. 2. No matter how easy anyone says it is to give blood, don't believe them unless you want to look like a ghost and fall to the ground.

No comments: