No, I am not dreaming about
Twilight vampires-that is what Kay does. Just kidding, she doesn't. The people who want my blood are from our life insurance company. We thought we were smart to have the exam done yesterday morning to get it over with. We get the knock on the door and the nurse comes in and starts asking me questions about my family health history. I thought this was going to be easy. Well, then she said it was time to take blood samples. I do not do too well with the whole taking blood from me, as Kay experienced from my hospital visit when I was in Maryland before we were even married and I was meeting her family for the first time.
Anyway, back to the story. The nurse used that horrible needle and poked my right arm. Remember that I had not eaten or drunk anything in the morning and I had not had much physical activity, so my veins were small. She missed my vein and was moving the needle around trying to find my vein. When she found it, my vein was not giving her the blood flow she wanted. I guess my body is a little stubborn when it comes to blood giving. So she moves on to the other arm. Well as soon as she got the needle in I felt a cold sensation in my toes and it started to travel up my legs and then was starting to feel light headed. I told the nurse "I am going to faint." She pulls the needle out of me quickly and I darted for the couch. My battle wounds are below for your viewing pleasure.
THE GOOD NEWS: I survived and they did not get my blood.
THE BAD NEWS: They are coming back another day.
1 comment:
Oh, I feel for you! I've passed out at the high school blood drive (in front of everyone), at the church blood drive, and at the hospital clinic getting blood testing done (with Ethan in my lap, no less).
Don't let them come back. There's got to be another way. (Except that there's not.)
Post a Comment